RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rules and reulations for float flying in Massachusetts?
Old 05-21-2012, 08:44 AM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rules and reulations for float flying in Massachusetts?

With you in Woburn, the Charles River Club (Wayland) is the closest to you I know of that float flies consistently. Look them up and I'm sure they will help. They put on two float flies a year and my club, Bristol County RC puts on one in October that is getting bigger every year. Super nice pond and we have our own area for parking and launching our aircraft with trees really only on the far shoreline. Float flying is seems to be making a come back here in NE. Many previous sites have been lost primarily to them being held at state facilities and the states will not open them any more due to budget cuts. Our club is very fortunate to have a pond and area that we can fly at every day of the week and is exclusive to us. There is a two day event held in Greenfield NH too that is a nice FF. There's one in Maine around the same time also. Look in the AMA magazine and you will find the dates. I can tell you I really like flying my warbirds off of land but I LOVE flying my float planes. I am now hooked on scale float planes and put in the same effort building them as my land planes. If you email me your club's web address I will put it on my distribution list for our events including our float flies.