RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Cessna 182 build
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 09:00 AM
flightsimer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Cessna 182 build

ORIGINAL: crowe04

Fantastic, congratulations!
It's a huge achievement to finally get that first ticket under your belt. I'm sure there are plenty of full-size pilots on this forum but for those that aren't, the time, study, and not to mention the money that go into getting your licence is a mighty effort. I've been there too and I know how you feel when you finally get "signed off".
Congrats once again.
With the build, keep us informed of progress, and photos too.
(BTW If you are having trouble getting hold of the Topflite spinner (TOPQ5405) for your model let me know, I have "one or two" spare here, have a look on ebay Australia I have one listed there now, item #130717681896, and yes I will ship it to the US).
Thanks should have said instrument rating however... Got my private license last October.

So far. I have gotten all the glues and epoxies needed and the main wheels. Is it going to be ok using great planes ca and epoxy or is it really recommended to use the Topflite stuff like the book says? Plus I have been reading the manual to make sure I'm understanding it before I start.

I should be starting on it next weekend or so. Yesterday, I spent a few hours cleaning In the garage for the build, but it's still not completely ready.

As for the spinner, I'll keep that in mind. I thinking about actually finding a three bladed prop to put on it as I love the looks of them so I might not even need them.