RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wingspan actuator/ air cyl swap in ESM
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:51 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Wingspan actuator/ air cyl swap in ESM

ORIGINAL: vasek

Well, the cam will align with the trunion in either case. It's just that the casing protrudes more to one side and I'm afraid it could be in the way of the oleo once retracted. I asked Mike from Wingspan which side is up, hopefully I will have the answer soon. I'm going to do a image search to see what I come up with.

Cheers. V.

The case turns the screw to move the pin right? It screws it one way to extend and the other way to retract. So your casing rotates the rod to make things work.

Think about that and then consider that there is no difference between the screw turning while the casing can't compared to the casing turning while the screw doesn't. OK, then is there any reason that rotating the casing would matter about the way things work? Nope since rotating is how it works. So look at the casing setup with one side as the "top". Rotate the casing 180degrees EITHER WAY and what you considered to be the top is now the bottom right? And did anything really change about how it's going to work now? Nope? Nope.

Set it up so nothing binds and that ought to be good to go.