View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 09:48 AM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thanx for getting me junkmail

ORIGINAL: corch

I'm sorry, but it's right here:

''

E-mail has provided AMA with the opportunity to get information to our members in a timely cost-efficient manner. AMA on occassion partners with reputable firms to promote products that will benefit both the member and the association. AMA does not trade or sell E-mail or mailing addresses. If you would prefer that we not include your name, please check the box(es) below.

<input id=''ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_chkMailersEmail'' type=''checkbox'' name=''ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$chkMailersEmail'' style=''font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; font-style: inherit; color: rgb(59, 56, 56); '' /> Please do not use my E-mail address for anything other than official AMA business.
<input id=''ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_chkMailersMail'' type=''checkbox'' name=''ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$chkMailersMail'' checked=''checked'' style=''font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; font-style: inherit; color: rgb(59, 56, 56); '' /> Please do not use my mailing address for anything other than official AMA business.

If you didn't check the top box also, you may get some ''junk'' email.

So you really have no one to blame but yourself.....where has personal responsibility gone these days? If you want to address this issue, go to your Web profile on the AMA website. If you want to continue to B&M about junk/spam, do nothing.
no,
you are quick to assume I didnt have that box checked,
and even AMA guy TimJ is happy to assume I didnt have it checked,
and you both assumed wrong

so if we are gonna play Show & Tell, ok I'll play too-
here's a screen grab of my settings,
so now tell you just what I was doing wrong for these years
that it is somehow MY fault for not taking "personal responsibility" as you put it

Just how much more checked was I supposed to check it?
Its been as checked as it can check

it is NOT just B&M to point out I got junk email despite that box being checked this whole time

TimJ
Funny part is the AMA gives you a way to "opt-out"
Not as funny as you think.

Oh, you didnt seem to say that AMA would never hand our info to junkmailers with 'AMA Only" deals,
are you gonna came back and say it?
Or are you gonna keep quiet in regard to AMA policy on generating spam for us

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51798.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1780427