RCU Forums - View Single Post - beware of hobby king warranty claims
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 01:31 AM
spitmad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: beware of hobby king warranty claims

G'day Pete

yes a bit of a lash really............but you get what you pay for I suppose, I have bought quite a few electic foamies and had a few ESC's fail with seconds of start up ..........but replacements are so cheap I don't worry about warranty claims as sending back to Honkers is more expensive the the failed unit !

I recently took a gamble and purchased four of their Chinese 10kg servos (at $11 each) all failed within seconds of testing..[:'(]........I got the usual schpeel but then I escalated this through their management and got a credit off them (I highlighted the fact that i had spent a few thousand $$$$ with them over the past three years and that I'd be broadcasting over every forum if they did not provide a refund)

I suppose you take the gamble, I say I have had very few failures compared to the amount of stuff I have purchased so given the cheap prices I am still way in front.
I recently bought a 50cc SBac aerobatic thingy from them and at $320 for a 87" ARF, it was a bargain and the quality was no different from similar models I had seen retailing for $500 plus (I wanted an "all weather hack" for a spare 50cc donk I had).........and after seeing one fly at the club, I just ordered the little Vampire EDF jet, at $136 to the door it's damn cheap and a great flyer

Al.