RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 14mz or spektrum dx18
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 02:46 AM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba 14mz or spektrum dx18

I own a DX-18, I have owned a 14MZ and I presently own the 18MZ. I don't know of a focussed way to answer which radio, the DX18 or 14MZ, to purchase. I guess you could make a list of parameters that are important to you and then see how each radio does, then weight the parameters and and add the scores. Similar to evaluating bid proposals. The problem I see is that you are asking a question that is something like should I purchase a Cessna 172 or a Boeing 747. In capability and flexibility the 14MZ is on another planet compared the DX18. I am not saying the DX18 is not a really nice radio and likely the pride of Spektrum. It is simple to use, easy to learn and does a very nice job just like a Cessna 172 absolutely great. It may be that the best answer is that you really cannot compare the two radios any more than you can compare the two airplanes. Can you make comparisons, yes, but, it is not a very logical question. Maybe you had better begin by deciding/stating all of your needs and then see which general camp you are in.

Howard