RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best sounding model
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 12:49 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Best sounding model

Yep, we got that one guy's electrons in a jumble heh??

I agree about the electric sound systems. What a joke!!

While what has been said is technically true, I have been around many Merlins and heard many high speed low approaches. This airplane in the video doesn't sound like a full size Mustang, except on one pass it really did sound similar. I don't know what the throttle setting was at that time, but I don't think it was full throttle. In any case, the airplane sounds great.

I once taxied out to fly at Tucson International Airport. The tower called everyone on the field on the radio and said there was a Mustang that called in for permission to make a high speed low approach, and would everyone mind waiting while he did it? Everyone from airline captains to the fuel truck drivers called in and said "HELL YES!!! LET HIM DO IT!" The Mustang flew the whole 12,000 foot length of the runway at about 6 feet off the ground and just screaming. Then he pulled to a nearly vertical line and did aileron rolls out of sight. Everyone loved it! Then, it was back to business and the controllers started issuing clearances again....

AV8TOR