RCU Forums - View Single Post - George Miller F-4 Build - also, welcome George!
Old 08-19-2012, 06:48 PM
George Miller
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: George Miller F-4 Build - also, welcome George!

ORIGINAL: dionysusbacchus

I have been working slowly on this project along with a few others at least! I've basically finished the wings. I use my ultra light weight finishing system of thinned Z-poxy resin, about 40 percent resin to 60 percent alcohol. No sanding of resin is needed, it's just enough to stick the cloth to the wood, next I fill the weave with spot putty and acetone. This sands very easily, then just prime with a thick build primer and wet sand.

I'm going to add the racks, missiles and tanks, along with some panel line detail. That will come after I get these wings attached to the fuselage.

And George, your 55'' F-4 is way to small. Like you used to say, ''it does not give you the presentation that this larger aircraft will give you.'' And maybe instead of using my thread to sell your smaller F-4 maybe you should post it in the marketplace.
Thank you for your kind words Luke.

I was on my way to the dumpster at the field the other day with my F-4's in hand. A fellow modeler asked me what I was doing. I told him I was throwing these F-4's away because they were too small and had no presence. He said he had read your post and felt that the F-4 you are building is too small and has no presence either. That you should go get a Centry Jet or a BVM. So I guess it is just how one looks at something.

I think that "YOUR" thread has been used by a bunch of fine modelers who are just as interested in the being able to talk Jets with me as the very few post you have done about your almost a year old project here. Especially considering you decided to pass on it three pages ago after most of your posting was about your problem with "Spring Air" anyway. We have continued on, talking about everything from YF-22's, A-10's, T-38's and even Opel GT's. And yes, even about a fine modeler trying to get the stuff so he can build YF-22s which he got trough me on this thread.

I guess you are not following the post too good. I am not trying to sell F-4's here. If I was trying to sell F-4's I would go to another place. (I realize they are too small for you, but that doesn't really weigh much in my book) All I was doing was offering one of these modelers who are on this thread the chance to be able to build a F-4 that would not cost them a small fortune for a overweight F-4 that is only capable of around a 3 minute flight.

So luke, forget about this project, go get yourself a F-4 that is really big, put a couple turbines in it, spend $30,000.00, and for that amount of money you will be impressing everyone with your presence.

And if other modelers talking about other things than your project and you problems with Spring Air bothers you, maybe your should deleat the thread.