RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sherman DD
Thread: Sherman DD
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 01:07 PM
1sgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sherman DD

ORIGINAL: Green Amphibian

I have seen that before, and it is a really cool video. Not sure where the water line is going to end up. I know I am going to have to add ballast to get it down anywhere near the normal waterline. My props are 1.5 in. dia. and will be completely submerged, they are normally used on slower vessels. I started out with boats too. I only have 4 at the moment. 1/32 S-100 schnellboot, 1/35 Revell PT, 1/12 PBR, and a Springer tug. The S-100 has working torpedoes and 3 brushless motors, the PT has been converted to a mid war boat, the PBR has brushless powered water jets, and the Springer is the stand by rescue boat.

Herman

Cool, I have the Italeri 1/35 scale S-100 S boat. I'll have to keep you in mind when I get around to building it. I too would like to have operating torpedos, or at least operating torpedo doors. I also have the Linburg PT 109 that still needs to be built. Kinda getting back into boats. I built the Robbe PT 15 about 28 years ago ( still have it, but it needs an overhaul ).

I would love to see some pics of your boats. Send me a PM an I'll send my email address. Don't mean to hijack the thread guys sorry.

Jim