RCU Forums - View Single Post - Off topic - rant
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 05:18 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Off topic - rant

I thread with passion. These are OK once in awhile

Language evolves. Look for a society where Shakespearean English is used. No point getting too hung up on the details. You have about 75 years where you can delight everyone with your command of the language, and then the language commands you. The keepers of the rules die off, and the next generation, who has different needs and priorities, has their kick at the cat.

Another 10 years of text messaging and I can only imagine what this will evolve into.

LOFLMAO, cya, brb, k, and I am an OLD guy text messaging. My Kids and their friends have developed text messaging into its own language, and you know what?. They can communicate 10 times quicker then me. I wonder what is going to win out over the course of time?. It is ironic that the same kids who jab me about my grammar when I am online, communicate 90% of the time using something that barely resembles English

Edit added

A debate will deteriorate as soon as it turns personnel, and barbs are thrown. This was doomed from the start. My observation on this is that you have two camps. Those that care and those that don't. Although I don't quite agree with personnel profiling, there certainly is some merit to the idea that no matter who you are you can be typecast into about 4 different categories. You have your orange people, blue people, green people, and red, and generally speaking we are all a combination of these. However most people will have some major traits they fall into, and it is important you get those peoples assigned things that are their strengths The free thinking, risk taking inventor, doesn't want to operate in an environment of stuffed shirts and policy police. Large successful corporations know this fact, and many of their design teams work in a completely different environment than their finance people do. There are star designers and there are star finance people, but the way in which the work and function will be completely different.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter, but when you take that opinion, and claim it to be the only right one, and make suggestions to those that don't share that opinion are somehow less then you. That is when the trouble will start.

Obviously the guy with bad grammar, you don't want writing your promotional literature, or the risk taker working in your tax department. Just be very careful how condescending you are to individuals who don't share the same priorities as you. Their strengths( And believe me they have them) are somewhere else.