RCU Forums - View Single Post - Speed Freaks Wanted- Over 200 Members already !
Old 09-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Speed Freaks Wanted- Over 200 Members already !

Hi Guys! Have been away from the forums for a while. Getting ready for my winter build. I have aquired a couple NIB YS 45 RF's ( rear exhaust ) and am going to highly modify a Lanier Shrike.

I would like to know how much power and RPM the YS 45 will put out and how far you can "push" this engine on smaller props. I will be running a Macs 7.5cc nitro pipe and plan on running a APC 9x8 prop for starters and go from there. This engine looks like a brute and should handle some high figures. I am going to run straight Powermaster 20/20 or 10/22. Should be a pretty nice setup with a bladder style tank running that kind of direct pump pressure straight to the tank and not via the muffler/pipe.

I am a believer in Castor but am reading this is OK with the YS as longs as you run the engine dry at the end of every session to keep the pump diaphram from gumming up.

I have ran a lot of K/B 7.5cc and Nelsons but no RE Nelsons i.e. FAI 40. Too much "jack" for this guy. I don't need $500 to put another hole in the ground. It is cheaper to buy a shovel at Walmart for $15.99 for putting holes in the ground.

I think this YS will get me into the 160+ with ease just looking for some hints and tips from all you great speed guru's with YS 45's.

Speedy Gonzales
Revver #182