RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Hog Bipe Beginner
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:30 PM
r2champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Hog Bipe Beginner

ORIGINAL: shepard62

FINISHED !!!! 9 months of working on it . Now it's time to pick a day for the maiden.
Great looking Hog! You will love it, as I reminded myself how much I love mine this weekend.

I have been overly busy the last couple years and unfortunately flying had to take a back seat. I've had the itch all summer to fly again, so this weekend I took the hog up to the field along with another plane. When I started assembling the hog, I realized I had left the inter-wing aileron connectors behind.......DANG! I wanted to fly it so bad. I flew my other plane a couple times but I NEEDED to fly my hog! (Light bulb went off!) I grabbed the packing tape out of my flight box, and secured the top ailerons flush with the top wing, now I had bottom ailerons only. I knew I could fly it with rudder only if the bottom ailerons weren't providing enough authority. I gritted my teeth and off she went into the most beautiful ascent I've ever seen with that 4-stroke purring away. This truly was the flight I needed to get back to flying again, my knees were weak as water I was enjoying it so much. It was a bit lazier with aileron control, but flew just as well as if I had top and bottom ailerons functioning. I came in for the best landing of my life, smooth, flawless, and straddling the center line (I owe that to the hog, not my abilities). My hog renewed my priorities with one single flight, man I love that plane! Hope you have (had) a great maiden flight with yours!