RCU Forums - View Single Post - super tigre 27re alligator tours tuning
Old 10-02-2012, 04:32 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: super tigre 27re alligator tours tuning

ORIGINAL: abrom1

Thanks 10wk.....its been about 5yr since ive owned a glow ops 90 and ive found it much easier to tune but this is my first airboat , that's alot of info greatly appreciated. it does have about 5 tanks run through it richly. i figure its time to start leaning a bit. ill give it a shot tonite. my backyard is a bayou and have always had rc boats in the last 9 yr. to play with but this yr the grass and weeds have taken over and given me trouble to run any of my boats so most of the last yr they have been on the shelf and thats why ive gotten the airboat to solve that problem. again thanks for your time

The best thing to do since the engine is still pretty new is fire it up and run it up to WOT and get it warmed up. Lean the needle down in 1/16th turn increments and listen to the engine. If you lean it and the rpm sags a little, richen it back up. The engine is considered broke in when it takes a lean setting without sagging. ABC engines shouldn't be run real rich because they do not heat up enough. Keep the nitro low, 5-10% max, and just slightly rich on the top end and it should run well for you. I now have 3 SuperTigres and I love 'em.