View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:23 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: Getting started in electric F3A

ORIGINAL: highfly3D

A million thanks for all for giving me the inputs for electric F3A airplane

I have seen many chargers to charge lipo batteries... but i am confused which one to go for.... there are really so many out there i want a charger with which i can charge 3s to 10s pack with a reasonable price

Regards,
Harry
Bem gave you some good advice and options but if you want to charge either a 10 cell pack or two 5 cell packs wired in series which is probably the most common configuration for a 2 meter size, then there's only one charger that'll do 10S as far as I know and that's the CellPro 10S or newer 10XP. Hobbly King or one of those places puts out the same charger with different labeled cases for a bit less money and it's done under license from FMA.

This is where it gets trickier or should I say spendier????? Is that a word???? lol

The 10XP is a 600 watt charger IF you can feed it with 32 volts which most people cannot, however it's pretty happy with 24 volts and that voltage is becoming much more common with various power supply manufacturers. I elected to go with a system from Progressive RC which uses two CellPro 10XP chargers fed by a 24 volt Meanwell Power supply and that's fed by a Honda generator.

So as I've said, what you might do is really affected by how much you can spend and how big a priority certain options might be for you but recharging the batteries these 2 meter size models use is no small consideration.

Here are a few pics of what I set up with the components from Progress RC which is where the case came from as well. You can see the power supply in the bottom of the case and there is room there to store several different boards and you can see the power cord for the station which is setup on the outside like a computer so the cord can be removed.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72307.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1808006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41276.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	1808007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31238.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	103.8 KB