RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is Flying FPV Over a Neighborhood OK?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 01:18 PM
brandon429

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is Flying FPV Over a Neighborhood OK?

Did anyone ever find in the history of ama payments has a slow stick been the cause of the claim? I figure anyone with the rote ability to make up worst case scenarios should at least be able to find that data.

I disagree with the majority due to hype, thats all. I actually want to be convinced otherwise, and I have, that smaller weights are needed to be fully safe. Not just 30oz of foam, but around ten which I can attain with todays gear.

There is no safety scenario Ive read that makes 100% of all neighborhood flying dangerous. We allow ultra light toy grade flights all day, until someone talks adding a cam, then death from above statements begin.

You overhype dangers and don't provide requested facts, thats why I disagree. Rather than responding with more personal attacks, why not just agree to disagree? Your case for claim is accepted by the majority that shows the poll in your favor. Perhaps those who didn't agree with your poll, thought similarly. A blanket statement with no detail assessment just wont do for today's technology.

To summarize:
we had two good threads on this matter...the garage lauch thread, and this poll

everyone stated their sides

some changed their minds, I have the statements captioned if needed

most didn't

We agree its not illegal where I live, insofar as all the silly links never panned out. likely there's more debate on that issue but probably not.

Most think its distasteful and unsafe

I presented some ways to make it safe, thats where we disagree.

Any more personal attacks is really not helpful, think before you type and repeat. We can just let the thread die down too, or people can keep stating why they think its a bad idea and that's perfect, personal attacks aren't part of the deal.