RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 6xa troubleshooting
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:09 PM
2wheelfiddler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6xa troubleshooting

Hi,
I'm new to RC planes but my equipment isn't!
Back when I was a kid, I built a Hangar 9 Easyfly 40 trainer plane with my dad, but I never got to fly it.

After letting the plane sit in my father's workshop for roughly 10 years, I've decided to learn how to use it, because I finally found someone who can show me how to fly it.

My problem is: Although the batteries are good in both the remote and the receiver, when I move the sticks, the servos don't move.

I've tried some troubleshooting of my own and here's what I can say:
- The batteries in the remote are good, they stay over 10V for more than an hour and the low battery warning comes on at 8.5V
- The receiver battery, a 4.8V unit, seems to be good too. When I hook it up to the receiver, the 4 servos on the plane twitch, which tells me there should be enough power to respond to commands from the remote.

I haven't tried the engine yet because the receiver doesn't respond, obviously, but I also need to get a new 12V battery to run the starter motor and the glowplug warmer.

Any idea why the receiver won't respond to the remote? I checked and they both have the same frequency crystal. 72.910 if I remember correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Félix.