RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flight instructor job description
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Flight instructor job description

ORIGINAL: flycatch

The best instructor is a certified full scale pilot. I have been among too many people who can fly but can't fly a traffic pattern or shoot touch and goes.
WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This subject and statement is not even worth adding another comment !

Well, maybe just one comment. If it is a good club with great / friendly members, they are always ready and willing to come forth with instruction and help, whether it be to a beginner or an expert, or from a beginner or expert.

Being a retired Airline Transport Pilot / CFI, the one thing that I found in my aviation career is that no matter how good you think you are, their is always somebody better than you. Its best to listen and take advise, filter out the good from the bad and pass it on with the hope that it will benefit somebody else that enjoys this hobby.

A certified full scale pilot may have all the theory and knowledge under his belt, but not be able to fly an RC aircraft. From what I have observed, some of the hardest people to teach RC flying to is a certified pilot.