RCU Forums - View Single Post - CDI gr8flyer55
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Nav-Aids

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CDI gr8flyer55

ORIGINAL: gr8flyer55

Ray, have you been in contact with Jake about the problems with the excel sheet and the fixes you have done?
Seems he is now to busy with his other projects. I am about to program my first chip with your corrections, although I think the timing problems haven't been addressed as of this time. Is there anything really potentially wrong using my curves with the current "fixed" F1 version? Or should I hold off until you take a look at the file for any problems?
I can just do a static test first which I always do anyway, but if there's nothing really wrong, I'll do my actual engine tests today to check functional switches, starting and top end timing etc.

John
I have been in touch with Jake early last weekand he is in the middle of exams right now, exams should be finished by now or byWednesday at the latest, that's how mine were. The only thing I fixed were problems with the spreadsheets themselves, from what I saw some of the values weren't being copied properly. As for the 'C' code itself, that remains unchanged but, the timing values should be what is selected now. Some problems only appeared in Excel 2003 and some were in both. In your case you were using Excel2007/2010 so there shouldn't be anything code wise that has changed for you so go nuts and let me know how it goes. Please note that only curve-1 is copied to the clipboard, I could not remember if just cuvre-1 got copied or both curve-1 and curve-2 got copied. I have to build a Gompy Timing Light right now.

Cheers

Ray