RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal Corsair .60 project
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 06:13 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Royal Corsair .60 project

Finished a set of drop tanks for the Corsair from my own molds, these are the drop ones so they are simple. I have a gas cap and all kinds of detail for the static ones, but these will be kept simple, although I try to hit the grass when I drop them with my luck they always find s stray rock or something in the grass!

Finishing the tanks was easy, I first match the paint as close as I could with Model Master enamels, had to mix yellow with white and a little black. For the weathering you want to use acrylics, this way you can use lots of water and it won't affect the finish. Dilute some black with lots of water, then with a sponge dampen the area around the gas cap. Tear a piece of paper towel and dip it into the diluted black paint, apply at the cap area and let it flow down the side of the tank. Practice a bit and you can get some realistic gas stains. Remember that tanks were filled and the gas spillage mixed with dirt in the air and exhaust residue then dried pretty quickly. Next I added some black pastel chalk to the corners and generally dirtied up the tank to make it look used. Add a final clear coat, if you are using a glow engine Flat Lusterkote works very well, but since my plane is electric now I used flat Model Masters.

I want to put a flight video together showcasing all of the scale functions of my model, the weather has to cooperate and a decent videographer have to converge on the same day, we will see!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78716.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1832512   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn39817.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1832513