RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Evolution 10cc gas engine
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 11:31 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Evolution 10cc gas engine

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

I wish I could convince myself to switch to gas, but I just can't get over how much I hate the smell of gasoline. If there was odorless or near-odorless gasoline, I may consider it. For the time being, I'm all glow. Don't get me wrong, small gassers are really neat. The evolution line are neat looking with their cooling fin arrangement. Blue anodizing is a nice touch as well.
I couldn't stand the stench of autogas either. I converted to Avgas 100LL 3+ years ago when I first got back to gas engines. Avgas has practically no smell and seems ageless in storage, long term. We don't need the octane rating and it buys nothing in terms of power, but the stuff is readily available but not quite as easy to get as autogas

Not as convenient to actually purchase it since you must go to a localregional orcounty airport to buy it. I simply go to the pump and pump it myself (with a credit card) in a 5 gallon gas can.

Performance wise there is no practical difference; it has run great at pretty much the same needle settings as autogas.Full throttleperformance is maybe 100-200 rpm lower than 93 octane autogas. In my set-ups I can't tell any difference in the air. Try it, I think you will like it. And 30cc class gas engines are sooo inexpensive to buy and operate with truly amazing power capability, that it doesn't cost an arm and leg to figure it out