RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super light jet trailer
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 12:26 PM
jetflyr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Super light jet trailer

ORIGINAL: PaulD

I built an 8' v nose on top of a frame like the one from Northern Tool. Put plywood on the floor and made box sides with a shelf and rear doors. With the v nose its about 10' along the centerline so i could fit the bigger jets in. The shelf slides right out complete with the jet it's holding. i used to tow it with a VW TDI (100 hp Diesel) Jetta no problem and the Mini should be fine with something this size.

I like that Snowmobile trailer with the clamshell, it's just too bad the hood doesn't open more. You will find 8' too short unless you are flying only 18-20 lb class jets.This trailer from Canadian tire looks good but length may be a problem:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

PaulD

Similar to Paul, I used a 4x8 foot trailer from Harbor Freight, like the first one above, enclosed the wheels and fabricated a 5x9 floor from ply. A simple box structure with 2x2's frp framing and 3/16 ply for sides with a lifting lid allowed to to tow quite nicely behind several Subaru's. It is light enough that any corner can be lifted easily. An occasional coat of house paint is a must though
Greg