RCU Forums - View Single Post - Eclipe 7 Pro: Which AnyLink Cable...and/or Tx Settings Needed
Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Eclipe 7 Pro: Which AnyLink Cable...and/or Tx Settings Needed

ORIGINAL: Deandome
I'm a little lost here. Please don't ping-pong me by saying "this is a Flyzone issue"...and then they'll say "it's a Hitec problem"; seems to me it's up to YOU to tell us how to work w/this popular new system, as this radio came out after the AnyLink module, its cables and its instructions did.
Got an Flyzone Playmate w/free AnyLink. I did some research, and it SEEMED that people were saying you need the TACM0005 cable...the one w/the stereo jack and the LiFe battery. Battery's charged, everything properly plugged in, powered up the plane & could NOT get any connection with the plane.
I tried every permutation/combination of the Tx power on & off (pretty sure it would be on), plugging the stereo jack into the trainer jack before & after powering up the Tx, and connecting the plane's battery before & after turning the Tx on. And in doing that, I got the Tx to show both the 'Master' and 'Slave' settings, and then flipped & held the trainer switch with each of those, too.
No go.
Do I need to change any of the Tx settings or switches?
Of course, the advice could just be off & I should be using the TSM0004 cable, the one for the Aurora 9. After all, the E-7Pro seems to share a lot of stuff w/the Aurora (training jack, battery/voltage, etc.). But the advice seemed pretty convincing about the need for the battery (which the ...0005 version has). BTW, the 0004 cable has two male 'servo plugs', and would go into the slot next to the trainer jack on the Tx (for software updates and data downloading data)....but on the Aurora, it goes onto bare prongs that are in some nook in back.
UPDATE: looking at what the 0005 cable seems to be, I rigged up two old 3-wire servo cords back2back and tried going from the data jack in the E-Pro 7 to the AnyLink....no LED came on the module. Flipped one of the plugs, still nada. You or GP wouldn't be annoying enough to re-arrange the 3 wire/male2male lead where the middle lead one one connector doesn't match the middle lead in the other...would you? If not, looks like if I can't get the 0005 cable to work, I'm SOL Please help me out...thanks!
1. Extract from Hitec Eclipse 7 & 7 Pro FAQ :
. Eclipse 7 & 7 Pro - Tactic Anylink Setup
and as in post #6 by a user:
"
For others following this thread, the anylink works fine on the Eclipse pro by using the adaptor cord which contains the battery. As Alan suggests the diode in the charging circuit does prevent using the internal Eclipse battery for anylink so you need the anylink cable which has the attached LiFe battery.
You simply connect the stereo plug to the trainer socket on the eclipse pro then plug the "servo" type plug into the anylink and you are ready to go. I even made up a plastic plate which I attach to the handle of the eclipse so I dont have to install velcro on the radio. "

2. "seems to me it's up to YOU to tell us how to work w/this popular new system
"
Hitec RCD gives every possible assistance with their own products but it is not up to any manufacturer
to assist with After Market Accessories.

Tactic/Anylink is a Futaba System and as Futaba USA state with regard to use of afternarket items with Futaba units:
""Futaba cannot assure that non-Futaba equipment
is fully-compatible with other items of Futaba equipment[/url].
Futaba can only guarantee that Futaba components will work together without difficulties
-Bax,(Bill Baxter, Manager Hobby Services/Futaba Service/North America) "
Similar responses can be quoted from the other major maufacturers. i.e.
Aftermarket accessories are the responsibility of the user and manufacturer of such units
if that manufacturer says it will work with the desired equipment.

3. Later, noticed Crosspost
under RCU's Futaba Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum >> Can I Connect AnyLink to Eclipse 7 Pro? If so, HOW?
= answered with copy this post.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links