RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can I Connect AnyLink to Eclipse 7 Pro? If so, HOW?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:23 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Can I Connect AnyLink to Eclipse 7 Pro? If so, HOW?

ORIGINAL: Deandome
It sure LOOKS that way. But I'd like to think that Bax read my post & knows a) that I HAVE and TRIED the 0005 cable already and b) I have the 2.4ghz Eclipse 7 Pro. So why on earth would he then say
If your Eclipse 7 is the one on 2.4 GHz, you'll want to use this adaptor:
TACM0008 ANYLINK CABLE SPEK DEANS MICRO US$2.99

and then
The TACM0005 is not intended to be used with the Hitec Eclipse transmitter.

So I'd love if Bax can can explain if & how the 0005 is ANY different than the 0008 with the proper battery attached, because he sure seems to imply that it is a difference!!

In the meantime, I'll double check the setup that you mention, but know that before I hooked anything up, I created a NEW model name ("anylink"), where it defaults to acro. And it's not like the controls simply don't work; it's clear that there is no 'link' w/the plane at all (no light on the plane).

And wouldn't the fact that buddy-boxing via the training port works OK confirm that the port is not defective?
1. Your TACM0005 apears to be defective...

The TACM0005 is not intended to be used with the Hitec Eclipse transmitter.

Bax will need to respond to that because as repeatedly shown, it is still referenced on the Tactic Anylink webpages and in
the latest AnyLink Manual V2 as per picture extracts above, that the TACM0005 is to be used with the Eclipse 7 Pro.
TACM0008 has just been released but mentioned only "as an alternative" in the latest manual V2, copy post #6 above.

3." it's clear that there is no 'link' w/the plane at all (no light on the plane). -"
You did mention that the AnyLink module does power up, as in manual:
"4. AnyLink should sound one beep and its LED should illuminate." showing correct connection established,
That means there is no problem with Eclipse connection, the problem is then with the module and it's link to the plane.

4. "wouldn't the fact that buddy-boxing via the training port works OK confirm that the port is not defective?"
The Eclipse 7 Pro Trainer port has two functions, buddy boxing via a stereo connection and SIM via a mono connection which shorts
two leads together internally. Thus there is still a remote posibility of a problem with SIMcircuit, which is why it was suggested
the port be checked with a SIM if available.
Given the information reported in other threads:
. Anylink???
. AnyLink problems?
Suggest all future correspondence be, as per manual, direct with
TX-R Technical Support
- email [email protected]
Telephone: 1-217-398-8970. Available Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm U.S. Central Time.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links