RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)
Old 01-12-2013, 11:24 PM
armody
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

ORIGINAL: Ernie Misner

rebranger, what have you had go wrong with your reed valves?

armody, I like your gas can setup. So you got the hardware from Hangar 9 I see and I like the way it sits on top of the gas can. Is that thread on the gas can a common one? The Hangar 9 pump setup will work on a gas can from Home Depot or whatever?

Thanks, Ernie Misner
Thanks Ernie,

This gas setup when my wife got me first P51 Mustang from Hangar-9. I still have those accessories with me. I used that set up on my glow fuel now it's on gas. I have seen some custom made fuel cans with fuel pump, nozzle and whole nine yards for around $80 or may be more or less. I don't think I can spend that much money on it and it works fine for me.

rebranger, I think my gas can is air tight, I'd try to put some plastic under the lid to make it more airtight, I usually store my gas in room temp. Now a days it's sitting on my working table in the garage as cold front is hitting again. I do have Stabil which I would add it to the fuel for it not to go bad.

I read one thing, that people have been breaking in DLE20 or 30 with regular oil then switching to synthetic oil, I really didn't get it. I ran my DLE20, I won't say it's completely broken in, but I ran it with Klotz synthetic in the first place, and I'm using the same prop 17X6 Xoar beechwood which I'd use it for flying. This is what working for me.

Mody