RCU Forums - View Single Post - wsn123?
Thread: wsn123?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 AM
wsn123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wsn123?

ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

I figured I would post this here instead of on in a -pm- to you, since it might help others with the same question

You stated in your panther you use the elmod eco and the benedini tbs, have you used the elmod baster with it, and is there a noticeable difference in using the benedini over the blaster? Also aren't you limited to the various sounds of the benedini (e.g. track sounds) as compared to the the blaster? Hope this makes sense what I am trying to say.

Cheers,
Wade
You mean Elmod Blaster?

Sorry but I used the old version of Elmod Blaster only , a long time ago , now Im using mainly Benedini TBS Mini with Elmod ECO (and some Tamiya units in another tanks).

So I dont know how the sound quality is looking in Elmod Blasters IV now . Benedini uses 8 bit 22 kHz samples only (the same as Elmod Blaster) but its quite enough for my ear - the main advantage of Benedini (for me) is the engine sound project structure: I mean two additional samples - for accelerate and decelerate which improves engine sound reality.

But as You said in Benedini only one sound can be played simultanously (in new Elmod Blaster IV , five sound channels are possible !!! ) . Personally I solved this problem in Benedini using Audacity software - to the existing engine soundtrack Im adding the second one with tank track rattle sounds. Audacity can mix both soundtracks and create one "wav" sample with two sounds played simultanously .

Very importrant factor in sound units practice is very good quality speaker in box (as big size as possible) . For example 2,5 inch Visaton speakers in XXL box from rctank.de for 1/16 scale tanks are very good or biger size speakers if they could be fitted in Your tank.

regards
Piotr