RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Fly Eagle Liberty arrived!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Default RE: My Fly Eagle Liberty arrived!!!

James,
If you are referring to the first posts, you need to read my last post. If you are referring to my last post, your sarcasm is duly noted. When I received my liberty I was overall happy as you know, outside of some obvious changes that fej made without discussion with either myself or stefan at the time. As we discussed, I was going to let you know of faults I found in the airplane during the build so that they could be changed. Remember, I had a vested interest in the airplane as it was my design in the first place, a design in which fej has used and outside of a discount on the one kit, which I asked for since it is my design, I have never received nor asked for any credit or otherwise. If you also remember, fej originally even took my drawings of the liberty paint schemes and put them on the website without my initial permission.
All that aside, we sorted that stuff out and I received my discounted liberty. If you will remember, the paint had issues with bubbling. You told me that was because you had to repaint the wings and it was to soon after they were first painted since you were trying to get the airplane to me quickly. I ignored that comment knowing full well that was not the problem, remember, keep in mind, I am a painter, I know what the causes of those types of issues are, especially when I can strip the paint off to investigate. Next, during the build, I had all the wrong size servo covers, the gear door cylinders had rusty rods and leaked, amongst other small problems. You originally told me to just sand the rods of the cylinders. To your credit you did send me new cylinders and servo hatches, unfortunately the servos hatches were still the wrong size and the new cylinders were a different size than the original ones.
Still none of that mattered at the time. It wasn't until I sent you my report detailing the structural issues, the biggest one being a critical design issue with the wing spar tubes, that I finally gave up.
I sent you my report and received no response back. I emailed again after a couple weeks and your response was that the factory was to busy wih scale projects and was not concerned with the issues I found.
I gave up on the jet. By the time I was done with it I really should have just finished it and flown it as it was finally all corrected and probably would have been fine, but I could no longer support a company who was not supporting their own customers/responsibilities.
It's a shame as it seems fej has improved in leaps and bounds these days which is why I stay out of the fej threads entirely. I won't go back but I also won't speak negatively about any product I have not used. In this case however, it is my thread and it was my jet, therefore, I will relay my experiences. I wish they could have been better.