RCU Forums - View Single Post - CRRC GF50I 50cc great deal or got screwed? We will see.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:36 AM
Checklst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CRRC GF50I 50cc great deal or got screwed? We will see.

ORIGINAL: joncammarata

That is really nice of you to offer. Thanks for the gesture. That would be to much. I really do appreciate the offer though.

Sorry its taking me so long to get it started. I mounted the engine on the airplane. I decided that would be time better spent than making an engine stand. However, when I was done I learned that the engine sits 1 and 3/8 inches short of where the thrust washer should be. So I need to make and extended engine box or find 2 inch stand offs. I think 2 inch stand offs might be succeptable to torque bending. Anyone know if 2 inch stand-offs would be to long? The thrust washer should sit where my thumb is in picture #1. The new standoffs length needed is indicated by my caliper in pic #2.0
Man...... Bill is the ignition expert...........he is retired so to speak,and I sure he has a few of his ignitions left over from when he produced the best ignition on the market...............He truly just wants you to have a great experience and knows that the weak point of that vary nice looking engine will be the ignition..........Take his generosity and his advice,and start a friendship with one of the best this hobby has to offer.

Sorry forgot to reply to your question 2" stand offs on a 26cc would be just fine.....the short one are always better.....I always use washers on both sides of the fire wall with stand off's.....you could make wood washers standoff and keep your equipment as is.