RCU Forums - View Single Post - Truck or Truggy
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Truck or Truggy

ORIGINAL: tecboy

Traxxas rc cars look so nice. Just wonder why Traxxas is the most expensive than other brands?
tons and tons of advertising.
Their prices used to not be too bad 3 or so years ago, but they been jacking them up drastically for a while. Example 2-3 years ago a stampede xl-5 was $175 new, now its $232 for the same exact thing as everything in the box is the same as 2-3 years ago(hell its essentially the same RC that they sold 14 years ago with almost no improvements outside transmission gears)

As collector said Ofna has some very good RC's that can take a pile of abuse, and are very reasonably priced for what you get.
I own 4 ofna vehicles, and honestly for the other brands I would have almost paid almost 2X more for the same quality you get.

Durability, and value wise I'd rate Ofna's at #1 out of what I own. Example of brands I own RC's from I have Tamiya, Traxxas, HPI, Associated, Ofna, Losi, Redcat(yes I have a redcat), and Axial (note these are in no particular order just what RC's I saw 1st when I was trying to think what I had )

I will say I've heard a lot of good things, and read some very happy owners of the thunder tiger MT4-G3, but I've not had anything from them so I can't say