RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who can tell me the good and not s good about Aviation Design Super Scorpion
Old 01-30-2013, 08:49 PM
rcguy5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who can tell me the good and not s good about Aviation Design Super Scorpion

I've got one of the first scorpions Peter at altecare brought in powered by the regular behotec JB-180 and radared it at 180mph. The plane feels very solid in the air and is an absolute joy to land WITH PROPER CG. My cg is on the backside of the strut which is a trailing type. It weighs about 27lbs after I painted it and about 35lbs with full 4 ltr tank. I get over 10 mins. with that tank and I use a lot of power. With this setup its got unlimited vertical on takeoff and still comes in farely slow with the extra weight. The plane needs lots of down elevator for inverted flight and knife edges farely well with no coupling but full rudder deflection at stock throws. I use flaps and airbrake for landing since it wants to float using just flaps with the 180, with the airbrake it seems to plant itself down much better. Much different plane from my bandit and like others have said you need to go with a bandit or flash if you want real speed.

Mike