RCU Forums - View Single Post - Prophecy Musings
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prophecy Musings

Hi guys,

I’m in full-on hoard mode and have recently acquired a second Prophecy to add to my growing list of pattern planes (if anyone knows of a Smaragd kit, I am all ears!) My original thoughts were to use the airplane as a “mule”, if you will, but I have since reconsidered my stance and will convert the airplane to electric. I didn’t see much need in having two YS-powered Prophecies since they are more for nostalgia than anything else at this point. My decision has stemmed from the fact that the airplane is no beauty queen. It is built pretty straight but there are quite a few little quirks about it. My OCD being so bad that I have to rearrange the letters in the disorder <g>, this airplane is the one that will go under the knife to make pretty and as close to perfect as my feeble skills will allow.

That brings me to the reason for this thread. Is there anyone out there that has a copy of the drawings that I presume came with Prophecy kits? My recently-acquired Hydeout kit came with about 20 sheets of drawings, templates and whatnot to make formers and for general aircraft layout. I also have a full-size drawing of the Hydeout that I acquired some time back. While I don’t necessarily need a full-size drawing, if it exists, the letter-sized instructions/drawings/notes would be very handy. To recall, the associated paperwork with my Hydeout was drawn by Ken Blackwell. Does anyone know if he did similar work for the Prophecy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Ryan