RCU Forums - View Single Post - Oil spatter
Thread: Oil spatter
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 05:49 PM
avidflyguy
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil spatter

synthetic oil is a waste of money, most people that use it seem to think its some special magic snake oil that that will give your engine 50% more power and make it last longer, its all in the users tuning ability and personally i would be a little worried if i didn't have a little oil spatter on my plane after flying, no oil spatter means not enough oil in my opinion, i fly ultralights and homebuilt planes that have rotax 2 stroke engines in them,(over 1,100 hours behind rotax powered aircraft) i use pennzoil in them along with my rc models, and never had an engine failure, i can't say the same for my hangar mates who have used amsoil and klotz in their aircraft(full size homebuilts) and have suffered engine damage, synthetics are poor at keeping things lubricated and rust free in anything thats not used often, having a catastrophic engine out because of rusted/pitted crankshaft bearings (amsoil)while you are up in the air isn't something you want to experience. another flyer had used klotz in his new engine and after about 25-30 hours of flights, he noticed that it had been increasingly difficult to start, we tore it down to discover that the piston and rings were carboned up so bad, they were stuck,2 rings on each piston x 2. needless to say that both flyers now are on pennzoil and have been flying without any issues now after i told them to not to use synthetics. by the way i'm a powersports technician with over 25 years experience in this field and own my own repair shop and i know a thing or two about 2 stroke operation and what it takes to keep them alive and running, and it ain't with 100:1 ratio amsoil, i can gaurantee that