RCU Forums - View Single Post - Oil spatter
Thread: Oil spatter
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 06:31 PM
armody
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil spatter

This is not my thread and I certainly have no intention to hack this thread, but I would certainly commend the person who started this thread which is very informative for a Gasser newbie like me.

I have a question for you avidflyguy. I have so much respect for all those who are much more experienced than me and I'm here learning the ropes. The question I wanted to ask was I bought DLE20 a year ago, and it's been a few months since I have started it and few weeks since I have actually started flying my plane which is Yak 54 120 by nitro models. I never knew that I had to use a regular non-synthetic oil. I just bought Klotz off the shelf from my LHS and they have not told me anything about it. I started off running it with Klotz 32:1 ratio, and since my DLE20 is new and has not even gone thru a gallon of fuel in it. I was also told that it may take up much time to ease out and start running without problems. I was also told that I needed to run two gallons on this motor without using synthetic oil then I may switch to synthetic oil with a ratio of 32:1 or I may go up to 40:1 and even 50:1.

My DLE20 is still fairly new I'd say pretty much new. I have bought Pennzoil's two stroke air-cooled oil non synthetic. With your tremendous experience, avidflyguy, do you think that I may switch to regular Pennzoil oil and run my DLE20 with it and stay away from synthetic oil like klotz or any other brand. This question is also very important for me as I have ordered XYZ 20cc from VVRC and it's on its way, and will be delivered next week. This way I can use the same Pennzoil mixed 32:1 ratio gas on both engines? Since I have no intention of going through a lot of hell with my DLE20 and new motor XYZ20.

Thanks

Mody