RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tucano Conversion
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 08:01 PM
copter5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tucano Conversion

Hi all,

I have the Tucano by Phoenix Models and I believe that I've finally found the most economical and reliable and most powerful propulsion system for this airplane. I've put an Evolution 10cc gasoline engine in the Phoenix Model 40 size Tucano. I am running a 13x6 three blade Master Airscrew-very scale. It has excellent vertical and excellent top speed. The airplane flies like a post-jet warbird should. The spark plug wire is totally enclosed in the cowling. There is plenty of room. If I would take the time and order a Bison Pitts Upright Muffler and channel the exhaust through the scale openings, that would be fantastic. I get 20 minutes of flight time out of a stock 12 ounce fuel tank and for $200 from Horizon Hobby, you get all of the fuel tubing, spark plugs, and fuel filter for this installation. For $485, just under $500, a modeler can have a Phoenix Model Tucano T-27, Evolution 10cc gasoline engine, six servos (if you choose to have retracts), and the receiver of your choice and fly for pennies on the dollar, all day long, at your local flight field. Just keep an eye on your transmitter and receiver pack batteries and you forgo the long, long lipo charge time and the messy nitro oil splatter everywhere. Catch the flight review at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aHGMr_F3yE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54998.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1854458   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85925.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	1854459   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12130.jpg
Views:	27