RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hunter Twin Build
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 11:12 AM
5150Cat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hunter Twin Build

02f350psd
Hahahaa, ok ok, I'll throw some pics back up but I have to actually make some progress first! LOL! So far it hasn't been that great of a week for that.

Tried switching the head on one of the motors and it wasn't going back on in the reversed direction. The fans from the head were hitting the coil. So I had to get crazy with the cheese wiz and get the Dremel out for some custom fitting. That's cut. Now when I go to fit the head back on the holes aren't lining up for the bolts. I think it's mulitple things. Crooked gasket, the back plate for the clutch and I might have to gring a little more. Needless to say I screwed up the piston ring a little so I'm not going to take a chance. Just ordered a new ring and gasket to make sure all is well on the inside. Also ordered another header and that should be here mid next week. Then it's just drilling holes for the output exhaust ports and connecting the two together. No biggie there.

Also ordered a couple sheets of carbon fiber to pull the hull down to match the hatch. MH$ kind of jacked that up so I have to make it look right. So I'll cut out a few ribs and show before and after pics there. (think I had some before on the thread earlier but I'll repost as I'm on a new pc and don't think I have those pics anyway)

Ordered some HV Hitec servos as well. Two for steering and a couple for throttle. Get those bad boys mounted up and then I'm only out a radio box and fuel system. I had food poisoning earlier this week and nice guy that my bro in law firegighter is, he came by work and plugged me into some fluids one day just to get my second wind and refuel me after being sick for 3 days straight. Reason for that story is the fact that I now have a free 1000cc bag in my garage So that worked out nice. I'll get it hooked up and get some gas in it and get rid of all the saline and see if I can't get it to "cure" a little.

Radio box will be a custom made thing. Just found a killer plastic place that's less than 2 blocks from my new garage and they already love me. So I'll be back over there to get some custom cut stuff going and see what I can make for a box. I'm going all high voltage servos so I can run a single 7.4v lipo. Something that will hold a lot and pull a lot so I can run all week on one charge. Did it the same way in all my 5th scale cars. And I can pretty much run for days on a charge! In fact I don't think I've ever had one lose a charge enough that I had to stop running because of it. And I think my longest run was 4 days solid. So that should be good.

So stay tuned. On a mission to get this thing done. All other projects are on hold for not until this is up and running! Bout dang time eh?

Mike