RCU Forums - View Single Post - KB .18, any users?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 09:45 PM
mtntopgeo
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KB .18, any users?

As has been stated earlier. the engine is a Toki. Fairly lite, no bad manners, easy start, & not very powerfull. Exhaust is the biggest problem. Almost any muffler, including the stock unit really pulls the rug out from under the performance show. Got tired of trying different mufflers, so set up a small mousse can. Didn't gain anything, but didn't lose any thing either. However, the can was just as loud as open exhaust. Finally remembered a muffler that I put on an old Enya .15 baffled piston unit. It was quite effective, so tried that on the K&B .18. it actually wokked great. Almost no loss in performance, & very quiet. Looked at the squish distance; 'bout a mile & a half !!!! But by this time I lost interest in the thing & just used it with the enya muffler (SM 154). Can't remember if the bolt pattern was exact, or if I had to drill out the engine case a few thou oversized. Performancewise, consider it a nice 15 size engine. (Works great on a Lil' Extra) Mine gets 16,600 RPMs while spinning a MAS generation 2 (not the GF3) 8x4, & 19,200 with a 7x4. Both figures were with the Enya muffler attached. .......... If you play with ports &/or squish, let me know what your results were. I just might have to fire up the lathe & start looking for the dremel, too. .................... George K.

EDIT; Forgot to list the fuel.............. 15% nitro 20% oil (1/2 make-believe oil, & 1/2 real oil). ...... No difference in Performance when fuel mix was changed to 25% nitro. ..... George K.