RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hunter Twin Build
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 08:42 PM
5150Cat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hunter Twin Build

MistyCreekThanks for the hook up with Daniel on JBD. Ordered the carb kit to spin them and hook them up as one. Awesome and completely clean set up! Should look good

And progress rocks! Here's what happened tonight. Go the emergency door on the hatch finished. It's got stops and the hinges work nicely. Don't see me using it much but it's nice to have just in case I need to pop the hatch to adjust something. Also mounted in the rare earth magnets into their holders in the hatch. Now I'll work on getting the magnets on the hull side of it glassed in as well. Then make a slide/groove option for the front. That way the front will key in and the back will snap down with magnets.

Pulled the drives apart and cleaned them up a little. Also took out electric trim feature. For now. Just going to go old school for now and like Matt says I think once it's set it will be done.

Got the motor back together and actually started it. Amazing how easy these Zenoah's are. It's completely wicked sounding. Started up on the third pull and idled until I shut it down. The rear motor did get quite a bit hotter than the lead engine. Not sure if that's normal or not. Granted I had no water going thru them but they only ran for 10 seconds at most. I have a call into my machinist. He is going to make me a mount for the gear box resivoir and also a bearing carrier for the flex shaft to support it half way down the rails. Also going to have him cut the header for the rear engine and weld a 1" extension in it. This will put the rear pipe more where I need it. Then I'll get the servos mounted.

I ordered the servos and radio box today and should have the servos tomorrow. I got Hitec HV servos. A waterproof metal gear for the throttle and two 1/4 scale monsters for the rudders. All high voltage too so I can run 7.4 lipos. Much better that way.

What are your guys thoughts about running servos out of the radio box? All my servos will be open and out. I absolutely hate running cables and set ups. So I'm just going to mount the throttle servo to the motor and the steering servos will be right off the rails towards the rear of the hull.

That was all I got to tonight. More again tomorrow hopefully!