RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aluminum servo arms too thick?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 02:04 PM
rcand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aluminum servo arms too thick?

ORIGINAL: airraptor

ORIGINAL: rcand

ORIGINAL: jzuniga

Hello all...

I have the futaba aluminum servo arms that are on my jet. They're about an inch long and for some reason the sullivan golden clevises that are for 4-40 won't close enough to put the little keeper clip on? I've resorted to grinding down about 1/32 down off the arm... basically cleaned off the anodizing to get to bare metal and now the keepers go on. Is this safe? They still seem strong, but I'd hate to lose a jet cause the servo arms are fatigued? What metal servo arms are guys using w/ the sullivan gloden type 4-40 clevises? The stock FeiBao ones were too cheap and bent really easy! Thanks

Z
If you need a metal servo arm for strength, then you should use a quality ball link. A friend of mine just had the pin in a Sullivan clevis break inside of the hole in a horn on an aileron. Luckily saw something odd when it was on the grounds before flying.

Then he didnt use the hardware correctly or maintain his equipment. Go READ the thread posted in this thread. You will see how strong those sullivan golden clevis are!!!
I disagree. He is a very well known jet modeler in this country and south america and I know the stuff was maintained correctly. It simply broke.