RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hunter Twin Build
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 04:12 PM
5150Cat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hunter Twin Build

Update for the start of the week.

Got the carbs mounted with the new sideways mount. Just need to get some hardware for the linkage then I'll be set to mount the throttle servo.

Talked to my machinist and he's booked busy for the next few days. Going to have him but the header to the rear motor and extend it to the other side. So basically both pipes will be the same distance from the motor only on each side of the boat. So it will only add about 2" to the header or so.

Steering servos are mounted, radio box is ordered. Trying to seal the crap out of everything with silicon and also ordered some Corrosion X for the stupid salt water down here. Not overly excited about that part.

Motor starts up like a charm.

Got all the hatch stuff built just need to CF it in. Two CF tabs in the front and two rare earth mags in back. Holds like a rock so that's pretty sweet too. Going to rebuild the gear box just because I've had it running on the drill press for a bit to get it broken in some. So I'll make sure all is good there with fresh oil.

Still need to make it by the plastics place to get more delrin for a bearing support for the flex cable and make a mount for the overflow tank for the gearbox. Then glass in the rails and motor/gearbox assembly and I'll be water bound!

I'll try to post some pics if you guys want by this weekend. Let me know what you want to see.

Mike