RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pattern design according to the flyncajun
Old 03-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Rendegade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pattern design according to the flyncajun

ORIGINAL: flyncajun

When I started designing Pattern Aircraft
I was told the Stab had to be lowered to keep the airplane from pitching to the belly on Rudder( wrong)
I was told SSS was Causing the airplane to pitch to the Belly on left rudder, But right rudder ,,Not so much (wrong)
I was told down thrust was how you kept an airplane from pulling to the canopy in a verical up line (wrong)
I was told you can`t get the mix out of a airplane because the SSS put unequal pressures on the surfaces,you just have to live with it (wrong)
I was told Wide tall fuses would fly terribe in the wind(wrong)
I was told a heavy airplane flew better in the wind (wrong)
I was told the airplane had to be built with wing, stab set to zero (wrong)
I was told there is no way to perform a Knife edge loop with no Mix purley on rudder command (wrong)
I was told anhedral stabs countered too much dihedral in the wing (wrong)
I was told you had to run the C/G back around 35 % so the airplane used just a little down elevator (wrong)
I was told you need minimun of 2 degrees right thrust (wrong)
I was told to start out with 1.5 deg down thrust (wrong)
I was told a forward canopy rolled better (wrong)
I was told fixed gear were less drag than retracts (wrong)
I was told there had to be a left rudder mix at low throttle (wrong )
I was told you cannot use Sharp leading edges on your wings and stabs the airplanes would be pitchy in flight (wrong)
I was told you cannot use counter balances on ailerons (wrong)
I was told you had to run deferential on ailerons to roll axially (wrong)
I WAS TOLD ALL BIPES HAD TO HAVE THE WINGS AT DIFFERENT INC. NEG ON TOP POS ON BOTTOM (WRONG)
I WAS TOLD TO USE UP THRUST ON THE BIPE( WRONG)
I WAS TOLD TO GIVE UP ON THE BIPE (WRONG) the guy who told be that went back to it after seeing mine HAHA
i WAS TOLD BIPES WERE TO COMPLICATED TO HAVE NO MIX (WRONG)
I WAS TOLD TO BE COMPETITIVE TODAY I HAD TO GO TO ELECTRIC (WRONG) had to throw that one in LOL

Bryan, I thought I'd just put this over in another thread before it degenerates any further.

Can you tell us how you've come up with these, and more importantly how you've overcome some of these issues? This isn't meant to be an attack, I'm seriously interested, as I'm sure are quite a few other modellers.