RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pattern design according to the flyncajun
Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 AM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts
Default RE: Pattern design according to the flyncajun

ORIGINAL: MTK

Regards SSS, Bryan and I differ in our opinions a bit; But I'm not sure whether Bryanis actually sayingthat it doesn't exist. I think he believes it does but that he simply doesn't care since his trimming reduces it's effects to negligible levels. I believe that roll response difference is directly attributable to SSS. This could be proven far easier in an E set-up where motor can be set-up to run in either direction. I would love to hear results from someone with an E-plane that is willing to try the experiment.....
Matt, you are exactly right. Bryan and I have had several conversations on the phone based on the other thread. Yesterday, without discussing it with him, I said in that thread , "Sounds to me that Bryan isn't announcing that the spiral slip stream doesn't exist or does exist (leaving the thinking to the theorists) but simply that it isn't a variable that must be adjusted for in our models."

I got a text from him a little later saying "Bingo"

I, for one, really appreciate thinking outside the box. People can learn a lot if they stop and listen with a clear mind and without prejudice. They don't have to agree but they can certainly form their own opinion instead of just following the masses. Right or wrong, y'alls knowledge is gold. Thank you for that.

Scott