RCU Forums - View Single Post - DeHavilland Mosquito
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 11:05 AM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DeHavilland Mosquito

ORIGINAL: badazzgti03

Still working on the wing intakes. need to glass them and paint. I don't know if I asked before but what paint do you all recommend for the green and grey scheme? Ill post some progress pics soon. I had to move the ECSs to the intake where the engine cowl is. Heard putting extensions from the motor to the ESC is a no no. Still will get plenty of air flow where its at now.
Seems that some ESC's are more tolerant on lead lengths ( not taking the extensions to extremes) than others but then you will get differing views. I guess that since I go with Castle ; I will side with their recommendations. The leads length from the esc to the motor should be long enough so that the esc will fit in behind the center wing flat leading edges. The other end to the batteries might need a little extension but I will be adding my own cap pack to the battery leads at the esc. They are recommended for entended battery side leads and allows more length.

What happens with the battery lead/capacitor setup is that it stabizes the line voltage from spikes when the throttle is jockeyed up and down and users claim that they get more performance out of their system when they add additional capacitors. Now I am only going by what I have researched by users and everyone that use them swear by them.