RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)
Old 03-11-2013, 12:03 PM
GunSSAAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

First, OIL.

Different oils are manufactured for different ratios. If you run Redline or Amsoil run it at 100:1. For the best running, strongest, longest running engine run synthetic at the recommended ratio right from the beginning. Yes, it will take longer to break-in than if you use Lawnboy. The only reason to use Lawnboy for break-in is to do it quick. Lawnboy does NOT lubricate as well as any of the synthentics.

So to do it right go synthentic right from the beginning.

Second, on a gas engine, on the high end, tune to max rpm and then drop only 100 rpm. This is just to make sure you are not lean. Unlike the Nitro engines that do not have a pump and will go leaner as you point them up, the gas engines have a pump. Because of that pump they get full gas pressure when going up and do not have to be tuned rich. 300 rpm rich on the high end is for NITRO engines not for gas.

All, you do when running a gas engine rich is leave unburned gas which carries away some of your lubrication and you also get more carbon buildup. Do not run gas engines rich!

On the bottom end you are just looking for a good transition. Make sure you start from the rich side when doing any tuning. Then go leaner until you get a great transition.

I live just a few blocks from DA. I talk with often with the guy that does tech support. Right now I am running an older case of Amsoil. But with the new Amsoil being sold today they were having a carbon build up. Apparently, Amsoil has changed the formulation. At least that is the guess since for years they ran and recommended Amsoil with no problems. That is why they now recommend Redline. I know 100:1 sound really lean on oil if you are coming from Nitro but remember GAS engines are build differently. Second, the oil you run in gas engines is designed to be run at these high ratios. So stop thinking about how rich you ran your nitro engines, it does NOT apply to GAS.