RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need help with my first plane
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 04:46 PM
ThunderBoat42
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Need help with my first plane

Welcome to RC .. thats exciting!!!!   my advice is get a quality nitro plane in the 40 size that is stable to fly from a US supplier like the Tower Hobbies/Great Planes Nextar that comes with a simulator or the Horizon package.   They are ready to fly if you dont feel like building. My first plane was a Goldberg kit and it was good to build for knowledge of repairs.  It took me a month to build it though.
The clubs are full of people that will help on the buddy box (I didnt have one and it was pass back and forth the transmitter).   The 40 size flies good and there will be more people willing to help. 
Once I solo'd, I would go tothe field every chance I could when it wasnt busy and fly touch and go curcuits practicing landing. it's fun trying to make that perfrect landing on the target spot.  windy days became fun doing crosswinds after so many T&G's.  I would fly that trainer when most were packing it in due to wind. 
I will tell you, be patient and you will LOVE it. I still love it today.  I have a Nextar to fly and for others to fly. Love building still and have a few old kits for those rainy days to work on.  An old aerostar with an old .40 engine is next on the list.  I still enjoy it as much as the first one.

Again, welcome and it's AWESOME your getting into the hobby.  no matter the experience, we share a common bond.