Old 03-14-2013, 06:10 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: We all need friends like this

ORIGINAL: init4fun

[8D] Thank You Ken !!!!

If the video had any kind of sexual connotation or extremely vulgar language I could see it's removal , but as I said in my other post , this is stuff heard in every action movie produced within the last 30 years . These guys wern't cussin to be mean or to demean anyone , they were having a darned good time for themselves and I find nothing offensive about that in the least . The world needs more fun , and less of people trying to find fault with any and every little thing , "just cause they can" .

PS , did anyone else notice that the Mustang rescued is one of the H9 PTS .40 sized trainers ? Yep , it's the new red tailed version of my ol yellowtail , one of my favorite planes of the H9 brand
Let me elaborate on RCU's policy here just so that it's clear. Our rules do not take into account if the language is "of sexual connotation or extremely vulgar language". We don't try to sort out the language. While it's try that you can hear worse langauge in an action movie, but then again you choose to go see that action movie and you expect it to be there. When RCU was founded it was decided that it would be a place to provide RC enthusiasts a place to hang out that they would enjoy being here, and they could allow their kids to visit as well without worrying about them being exposed to inappropriate pictures, content, and langauge. Now we realize that there are many different levels of what is considered appropriate so we had to come up with a standard by which we could apply our rules. So it was decided that we would use what is allowed on primetime network television in the US as our guide to what we allow. Therefore, if it's not allowed on primetime network TV it's not allowed on RCU. Plain and simple. We all know that the language in this video was innocent and the guys saying it probably didn't think twice about using language of this sort, but had the "bad words" not been "beeped out" in the video I would have removed the link to the video as being inappropriate by RCU standards. It's really that simple. Unfortunately in a case like this we need to apply our rules fairly in all situations in order to remain fair to everybody.

On a personal note, let me add my personal feelings here. I am far from a prude, nor am I innocent in the ways that the world moves in. I spent 10 years in the military where colorful language is plentiful, and I have been know to string together a nice bit of profanity when I get mad or upset. However, after my wife and son started joking that they could tell how mad I was by how many of my "standard" foul words I put together I came to realize just how silly using langauge like that really was. So I have made it a point in my life to clean up my language, and for many years now I think I have done a good job of it. And I don't miss coming off sounding like a sailor on shore leave (no offense intended towards Navy personel, I'm just using an expression here). And I personally like the fact that RCU tries to maintain a forum that it free from inappropriate language. I don't like reading it and I know many of our members feel the same way.

Ok, I know that's a long winded post to explain our policies. But I felt it was important to let everybody know what our policy on the matter is. Hope it helps explain where we come from.

Ken