RCU Forums - View Single Post - DeHavilland Mosquito
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 07:11 AM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DeHavilland Mosquito

Cathurga: weighed my H9 P51 spinners and they came out to 86 gms each with lightened backplates and pretty much a perfect fit for 13x8 APC E props. Did they lighten the backplate on the ones that you received. That can make a BIG diference. You are right about spending time in the air rather than on the bench....Lol.

Badazz: If I may make a suggestion to get the point off the blue foam nose... try choping 1/2 to 5/8ths inch off the tip and then roudiung the edges to keep it more blunt and don't taper it . I think what is happening is that you may be tapering to a point each time. What do you think ? " 50's Pointy bra " Like that ...

Finished my first glass replacement nose but needs final trim to fit; in case fuses are a bit out. Has been sanded outside and ready for prime but would leave that until trimmed. It needs the inside ply ring yet but builder does that. will get a picture of that later.

Have added a couple of more pics to show how I mount the cowls with no screws with inside ring; using either 3 or 4 2-56 socket head screws and t-nuts in the backside of firewall. Cowl is mounted after motors are installed and plugged correctly into the ESC for correct rotation.

To do....The cowl ring is centered and bolted onto the firewall and then I mount the cowls. When I am happy with everything then I tack glue with 5 minute epoxy one at a time and hold it in position to make sure it doesn't shift; when set do the next one After setup I do a final glue with microbaloons and 15 or 30 minute epoxy mix. DON'T FORGET THE SARAN WRAP OR YOU WILL HAVE A PERMANENT FIX !!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22290.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1864501   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31951.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1864502   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57533.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	62.8 KB