RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which chinese factories make various brushless motor brands?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:13 AM
DrMotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which chinese factories make various brushless motor brands?

ORIGINAL: siberianhusky They may be made in the same place but you haven't proven that they are the same motor.
The proof is in the numbers provided by independent testing
Yes siberianhusky, in some ways I agree with you. I do not think anyone can seriously question that Hacker, Torque, Z-Hyperion motors are made in the same Sunray OEM factory. And it is perfectly obvious that Pelikan Foxy, LiPolice, OK Hobby Infinite, Shulman Aviation FURY, Gens Ace, Common-Sense-RC motors and all the other typical Sunray brands, are also made in the same OEM factory.
But are they all exactly the same motor, as far as internal parts, and performance figures are concerned ..?

So far, we have the evidence of Dr Kiwi (Phil), showing that Torque, Hacker, Hyperion and OK Hobby Infinite motors are identical, and give exactly the same performance figures. Dr Kiwi also commented for Hacker and Torque motors that " ... the bearings and shafts look identical ..."
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358646
Dr Kiwi also found that Hyperion, OK Hobby Infinite and Turnigy SK3 motors were identical in construction and performance.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1521696&page=4
We also have comments from various other people that the internal parts of Hacker, Turnigy SK3, Gens Ace, and Hyperion motors are identical.

However, as final proof we really need a properly organised examination of the motors and independent tests of their performance figures. That is why I am in the process of constructing a Motor Thrust Test Stand (to take at least 50-size motors), and I am also setting up an Eagle Tree data logger.
All will be revealed, in the next several months ...