RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC's on Ebay....
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 08:06 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: RC's on Ebay....

Ebay: I've had some great deals... and I've watched some auctions where the sellers were, for lack of a better phrase... "dreaming"

Couple things I've noticed.....

Cost of kits has come down, so you'll find sellers that bought a kit 5 years ago trying to recoup their cost when the kit is still readily available for less than what they are asking. Combine that with shipping costs and you'll often see bad deals out there on ebay.

Many people think of kits as collectors items or investments. I personally don't think its a reality... kits were meant to be built and flown...  except for a few that have an extremely high demand... for most discontinued kits out there the demand just isn't their to raise the prices and make them worthwhile investments... if the demand WAS there... the companies that own the kits would likely make them again.

keep your eyes out... and the key is to be patient... for every one that your looking for ( kit ) that you find overpriced... you usually can wait a couple weeks and a reasonable one will pop up.