RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC's on Ebay....
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 08:30 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: RC's on Ebay....

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

Ebay has sucked out loud for years now. Online retailers like tower offer free shipping 10 to 30 dollars off. And you know your not going to get screwed.
Shipping to Canada along with duties etc kill towers deals for me.
same to me as I live in the state and get slammed with a nice set of taxes. Why for big purchases I use amain they might not give the huge discount but after taxes its more of a cut. Like if I buy a $125 from tower I get $15 off, but I get taxed somewhere around $12.50 on it so it ends up being $122.50. If I buy the same RC on Amain for $125 I get $5 off which brings it to $120. This is just a real basic example as I can't find any tower codes for over $125(and don't feel like looking).
All I remember was when I ordered one more expensive RC a long time ago if I used the corresponding tower coupon it would have cost me $40 more than amain did with the lesser coupon.

As for ebay tried selling my merv a while back in ARTR (literally only needed an ESC) for $20 more than a beat up ass roller that had no wheels. servo, body, motor, bone stock, and was missing things. My merv also had a full set of RPM upgrades flung on it, and was used probably 12 minutes max at the time I got like 4 messages from idiots, and I use the term saying it was a royal rip off, I was out of my (can't post the word here, but hint its 6 letters and starts with f, and has in at the end) mind for what I wanted, and a pile of other things. The beat up ass roller sold for $30 more than what I wanted, and after a few days I just got fed up and pulled my ad from morons messaging me... Seriously I had morons offer me to buy it for $40 shipped its like SURE LET ME GIVE YOU A ALMOST BRAND NEW $300 RC FOR $40 SHIPPED... Never tried selling anything on ebay after that. BTW I was asking $170 for it shipped which I saw as reasonable seeing it had over $40 in after market parts on it, and included everything but the ESC(I bought it as a roller, and built it up why it didn't have an ESC, but did have the verlinion motor).
Now I threw $100 more in parts into it, and its finally getting to a semi Decent RC that I can be happy with not its flippy crap stock setup