RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-flight 160 for a Brio ??
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-flight 160 for a Brio ??

ORIGINAL: DrMotor

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R this thread ... has passed into ... bashing good hardworking people and the products they sell
Silent-AV8R I just wonder: Are you associated / employed / sponsored / paid by Hacker or by Extreme Fllight ?
You seem unable to cope with any comment about Hacker or E-F which might not be ''totally full of glowing praise'' ...

Also: What experience, if any, do you have flying electric powered planes ?
I am in no way associated/sponsored/paid or otherwise compensated in any way by either Hacker or Extreme Flight. I do have two aircraft, both of which I bought second hand that have Hacker motors in them. I do not now, nor have I ever, owned a product from Extreme Flight. I have several friends flying the Vanquish 2M and they seem very pleased with the product.

I've been in the RC hobby for 46 years, flown about everything except turbine jets and have flown pretty much nothing but electric for the last 7 years. I currently fly a 2M pattern plane equipped with a Plettenberg Advance 30-10 motor and a 62-inch 3DHS Osiris with a Hacker motor in it. The 2M plane had a Hacker in it when I bought it (C50-14XL Comp) which I recently replaced with the Plettenberg. I also own 3 electric powered helis, 3 smaller aerobatic/scale planes, 1 electric glider (3.2-meter all composite thermal duration plane) that has one of the Hacker motors in it. I have also owned and raced (and set a couple of records) for fast electric boats from 4S power up to and including a few 10S2P powered boats. They mostly had Lehner motors in the, and a couple of Neus. These were boats that were up to 46 inches long weighing 20+ pounds and capable of speeds up around 100 MPH. These boats can dump 10,000 mAh of capacity in less than 2 minutes in a race. Schulze were my ESC of choice in those applications.

Does my background meet the criteria for making informed opinions about electric power??

I have not made any comments about Extreme Hobbies, so it beats me where that comes from. My main criticism of your posts is the non-stop diatribes about how there seems to be a single factory in China that makes all the name brand motors and we are fools for buying a name brand. Here's one reason I buy name brand. When, and if, I ever have an issue I can count on getting service. HK and some other Chinese companies have proven to be less than even slightly reliable in that regard. You have over 100 posts all saying the same basic thing or taking offense when that fact is pointed out.

I'll step back from this now and let those that want to continue reading your posts do so until they weary of them as I have.