RCU Forums - View Single Post - Standing position for take off
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 10:43 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Standing position for take off

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

Can't we all just get along?... Funny how one guy's safety issue is another guy's unsafety issue. We have all seen the European guys standing behind the plane a lot for takeoff in the crasher videos. Hint Hint Yet, while in Germany I never noticed anyone doing this. They all flew from the edge of the field from marked flight boxes.

The only thing I noticed really funny was a guy walking behind his helicopter around the field. He walked it everywhere and never flew it above 2-3 feet. I was just dieing to laugh out loud but restrained myself.

No matter what you guys want to say, I think that it is a confidence/training issue. So who the hell and I to tell you that you are doing it wrong?? Please, just fly safely, and don't hit me, my property, my dog, or my planes. To keep things simple, everyone should probably use one method and not a combination of methods. It is everyone's responsibility to enforce the local standards... not just the safety officer.
I agree every club has different rules and fly by yours. BTW dont hit me either.lol joe